Spring is the time when many folks do a major house cleaning to clear away the dirt, dust, and clutter that can sometimes accumulate during the rest of the year.
However, spring is also a good time to clean out and renew our bodies which may also have gathered dirt, dust, and clutter that come from poor eating, lack of exercise, or other unhealthy activities.
Here are a few ways to begin the process of spring cleaning your body for better overall health.
Try these easy but effective options to improve your physical health.
- Start drinking more water. Can’t say this enough. Water is healthier than any other drink and has many more benefits. A recent study done at the University of Illinois showed that increasing your water intake by one to three cups per day could mean taking in 68 to 205 fewer calories per day.
- Increase your sleep. The National Sleep Foundation recommends seven to nine hours of sleep each night for optimal health. Sleep is key to maintaining energy and focus throughout your day.
- Commit to weight loss. This can start by getting unhealthy food out of your house and bringing healthy food in. At Why Weight, we know the right foods that will help you drop the pounds quickly and improve your physical health.
If you find yourself distracted and unable to concentrate on the task at hand, you might consider these ways to de-clutter your brain.
- Reduce screen time. Find the definition of this that works for you. One option is to limit the number of hours you spend on social media or reducing your apps to just one or two. Consider making your bedroom a “technology free zone” where you can wind down and get that healthy sleep.
- Clean out cluttered places and give things away. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used something in a year or more (or forgot you even had it), it’s not essential to your life. Then designate a specific space for what’s left so you can find it at a moment’s notice.
You may not be as familiar with this one, but it’s a huge part of staying healthy and worth trying.
- Try meditation to de-stress. There are many quick and easy practices, such as focused breathing, that can help reduce stress at any point in the day. Here are ten easy ways to meditate, even if you haven’t done it before.
- Consider taking a yoga class. Yoga teaches us how to stay centered and calm using a variety of postures and poses. When done regularly, yoga can help us lose weight, keep our bodies energized, and our minds sharp.
- Practice daily affirmations. These positive statements help you create the right mindset to keep moving toward weight loss goals. Examples include: “I am comfortable with my body;” “I deserve to be slim, healthy and happy;” and “I will have the body I’ve always wanted.”
Begin some of these practices this spring, and by next spring you may find that you have much less work to do in order to stay healthy.
The Why Weight Transformation Program is an all-natural, safe, and effective way to lose weight by assessing the factors involved in fat storage and fat metabolism utilizing Bio-Marker Scanning technology, which help bring your body into the optimal fat burning zone. Contact us for a free evaluation.
You can also check out our FREE e-book, “Break The Sugar Habit.” Learn the scientific reasons behind sugar addiction and what you can do to break the bonds. CLICK HERE for your copy!