Summer get-togethers can be so much fun, with lots of conversation, laughter, games, and—oh yeah—a whole lot of food choices.
If you’re trying to lose weight or just live a healthier lifestyle, parties can be a real challenge in the summer. But, with the right “pre-gaming” plan, you can successfully focus on the people, the connections, and the festivities instead of the food.
Get In The Mindset Of Pre-Gaming
Pre-gaming is simply a way to get through any party or celebration without breaking your healthy lifestyle or gaining excess weight. And while there are certain tips we’ll recommend below, it helps to have the right mindset as you approach the event.
As Eliot discussed in a recent Facebook video, you don’t have to have to let the wheels completely fall off the bus around summer party eating, but you don’t have to be miserable, either.
Take a few minutes to understand this journey to health that you’re on and remind yourself that one day of eating “off program” can be repaired—as long as you “don’t go elbows deep” into the desserts!
Use These Practical Pre-Gaming Tips
Once you’re in the right mindset, here are some practical ways to pre-game so you make better food decisions.
- Eat “tonnage” of veggies. Before the party, take in as much as you can of things like celery, cucumbers, asparagus, and Brussel sprouts. These will fill you up so much that you’ll be less tempted to eat foods that are off-program, or you’ll eat less of them.
- Buy veggies before the day of the party. Once they’re in the house, you can plan to prepare them and eat them in the morning before you leave. And if you’re hosting, you’ll have them available all through the day.
- Drink lots of water. Do this before the party and during the party. Again, it will make you feel less hungry and prevent poor food choices.
- Have containers ready. This is so you can quickly and easily send desserts home with your guests. Hand it to them as they’re walking out the door.
- Remember the food choice rule. When it comes to food choices, remember: if it doesn’t grow from the ground or walk, swim, or fly, it shouldn’t be on your plate.
Bask In Your Good Choices
Even if you make a few less-than-healthy choices, don’t beat yourself up.
Instead, congratulate yourself on your pre-gaming and on not going totally down the rabbit hole. Pat yourself on the back because you didn’t throw the whole program out the window for the sake of making others happy about what you ate.
Why Weight is about more than weight loss. It’s about showing up in your life mindful, with gratitude, with happiness. Think about how good you’ll feel the day after the party when, with the help of your coach, you can get back on track quickly without major weight gain.
You gained experience in eating to live, not living to eat, which makes you the best example of healthy eating that anyone could copy.
The Why Weight Transformation Program is an all-natural, safe, and effective way to lose weight by assessing the factors involved in fat storage and fat metabolism utilizing Bio-Marker Scanning technology, which help bring your body into the optimal fat burning zone. Contact us for a free evaluation.
You can also check out our FREE e-book, “Break The Sugar Habit.” Learn the scientific reasons behind sugar addiction and what you can do to break the bonds. CLICK HERE for your copy!